Friday, September 6, 2013

Two Miscellaneous Bits

And in the end, the love you take
is equal to the love you make.  
~ The Beatles

Over the holiday weekend I took our foster teen to Joann's - she possibly wasn't quite as enamored of the experience as I am...  ;)

But she was drawn to those bolts of pre-shirred fabric.  I don't actually consider this a sewing project, but I bought enough of the Dora print to allow her to make sundresses for her little sister, her young daughter and her niece (all living in Honduras):  


At least she added shoulder straps...  (Mainly because we stumbled across coordinating Dora ribbon...)  Man, all that stuff (pre-shirred fabric and ribbon) is not cheap!  

In other news, my husband and I celebrated our 31st anniversary this week.  :)


We pretty much agreed not to exchange gifts this year - and of course we both violated the agreement!  He got me a dozen red roses and I made a guitar-shaped mosaic for him (at one of those paint your own pottery places).  We're going out dancing this weekend to celebrate - hopefully we won't embarrass ourselves too badly on a public dance floor!  ;)

Saturday looks pretty busy this weekend, but hopefully I can do some sewing on Sunday.  Keep your fingers crossed for me!  And I hope you have a wonderful sewing weekend too!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment