Monday, September 30, 2013

Skirts!

Tremendous amounts of talent are lost to our society
just because that talent wears a skirt.  
~ Shirley Chisholm

Over the last week or so, I made myself TWO skirts!  Both were yoked skirts with a a zipper - one on the side and one in the center back.  It was interesting to make the two skirts right in a row, so that I was able to compare the patterns and their effects.  

First, this simple A-line skirt in an Alexander Henry print:  


Next, this skirt - not a full circle skirt, but definitely fuller (and shorter) than the A-line above:  



They both fit well and the yokes are the same width - but you can see the length and fullness comparisons here:  


Both were quick and simple to make - and are fun to wear.  For work, the A-line is better - for dancing, the pink flowers!  ;)

I'm so happy to be back in the sewing room!  And...  

... that's not all that I'm back to...  

Wait until you see what I was up to over the weekend...   ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment