Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Before and After

One of the advantages of being disorderly is that 
one is constantly making exciting discoveries.  
~ A. A. Milne

I've been here before, more times than I care to remember...  It starts so simply - I'm in a rush and I just lay one thing down on my cutting table.

You know, the cutting table - that very convenient, very large and very flat surface that just seems to be begging to hold things for me.  Oh, just until I have time to put those things in their proper places, of course.  

Before I know it, this is the sight that greets me in my sewing room:  



And soon the mess seems overwhelming...  It becomes a vicious circle - I can't get the most out of my sewing time because the room is so disorderly, but I don't want to give up my sewing time to clean...  

I know - what a baby, right?  ;)

Anyways, I took some time on Sunday afternoon and dove in, to see what exciting discoveries I might make.  

There were books, magazines, patterns, fabrics, and notions - it was almost like a shopping spree, where you don't have to spend any money!  



And the best discovery of all?  A beautiful, clean, wide-open work space!  

Now I can finish up my post card blouse and then decide what project I want to tackle next.  :)

With my track record, it would be foolish to promise that I'll never let it get that bad again - but I certainly hope I can drag this out for as long as possible...  Wish me luck!  :)

2 comments:

  1. I tend to do the same thing. I'm definitely a natural-born slob! (I got lucky, though--my husband cleaned up and reorganized the room the last time I had a Saturday shift at work, so I didn't have to lose the sewing time to do it!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, you definitely picked a "keeper" Becky! I know that some people say that they don't want anyone touching their piles of stuff because they know where everything is, but I do NOT know where everything is and I'm delighted if anyone is willing to pick up my stuff for me. :)

      Delete