Friday, June 22, 2012

Life in Three Parts

According to assorted online dictionaries, a "triptych" is a set of 3 panels - often hinged - bearing art, photographs, carvings, or even writing.  


And so I picked that for the title of this blog, because - while my life, like yours, consists of many, many parts - here I'm going to focus on three parts:

1) Fiber Arts - my sewing and weaving projects

2) Furballs - our 3 cats, Sammy, Oliver and Popeye

3) Foreign Foraysa - our summer vacations and my adventures teaching English as a Second Language (ESL) and hanging out with my Hispanic friends 

My goals for this blog are to post regularly, to include lots of photos, and to tell stories in a voice that resonates true to my life - the joy, the humor, the challenges, the progress, the frustration and even, periodically, the despair.  

Thank you for stopping by and I hope you'll find it worth your while to come back again.  :)

aOkay, okay - you got me - I know I'm stretching here to make the alliteration work...  ;)


4 comments:

  1. So glad you're rejoining the blogging sphere. Yay! Life, unfortunately, has it's challenges. We're really all like toddlers, taking one step at a time, sometimes shakily and sometimes steady. I'll be reading and enjoying your posts, whatever direction they go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gwen! Your emails really made me feel cared about and encouraged. :)

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you're back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Elaina! :)
      It's good to be back - I missed you all. :)

      Delete