Monday, September 23, 2013

Maiden Voyage

Get a bicycle.  
You will not regret it, 
if you live.  
~ Mark Twain

What a weekend!  I got in some sewing (details & pictures later this week) AND we took our bikes for their maiden voyage in my husband's bike rack!  



The rack worked like a charm!  


We biked a little over 5 miles of the Van Fleet State Trail:  


One of the things I like about the trail is that they mark every 0.1 of a mile - so we always knew exactly how far we had gone, and how much more we had to go...  ;)


Another nice thing about the trail - it is straight and flat...  You can almost see the end - 29 miles away - from the beginning!  ;)


I've heard that some folks have seen alligators while biking this trail - we saw a turtle - but he elected not to be photographed, "darting" into his hole when we stopped our bikes.  Well, maybe it wasn't exactly a darting movement - maybe the process whereby I stop my bike (without falling off) and get my camera ready takes long enough for a turtle to "amble" back into his hole...  ;)

It wasn't a long ride, but we really enjoyed it and, now that we've successfully accomplished all of the steps, we'll be going out there many more weekends!  :)

I hope everyone had a great sewing weekend, and I'll show you the activity from my sewing room later this week.  :)

2 comments:

  1. wow!! las bikes son modernas, que bien! y me alegra k allan disfrutado su paseo viendo las tortugas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ana (masquerading as me). :)
      It was fun and I thought of you when I saw the turtle! ;)

      Delete