Monday, March 10, 2014

Used T-Shirts and Yarn

This book was written using 100% recycled words.
~ Terry Pratchett

Well, the knots are tied and the rugs have been washed, dried and delivered!  

Okay, two have been delivered to recipients and the other two have been delivered into the loving care of the United States Postal Service...  ;)

And the fifth is adorning our bathroom floor.  :)

As you may remember, I've been buying the colorful weft material from Etsy.  It is called "t-shirt yarn."  It is supposed to be recycled from used t-shirts, but based on the results of the first wash of this rug, I'm guessing that at least one of those t-shirts was new...  



If you are ever interested in buying some of this t-shirt yarn, here are three of my favorite shops:  

I really love making these rugs, and so I decided I'd look into cutting the t-shirt yarn myself.  

Step #1 - find a decent thrift shop where I can buy used t-shirts.  

A quick Google search turned up a Goodwill just a few miles from work.  I swung by on my lunch break, to see if they had any used t-shirts...  






Step #1 - Check!  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment