Monday, March 24, 2014

It's An Adventure!

Being a detective isn't all about torture and murder and monsters. 
Sometimes it gets truly unpleasant...
The fate of the world may depend on whether or not 
you can bring yourself to visit your relatives.
~ Derek Landy

This week I am taking this beautiful 9-year-old girl to Central America, where she is meeting her extended family (grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc.) for the first time.  She has never been out of the U.S. and she has never met any of these people face-to-face.  



I shall have to teach her the catchphrase that my husband and I use whenever things aren't going the way we planned and we are feeling in over our heads: "It's an adventure!"  

Send good thoughts our way and I'll let you know how it went next week.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment