Thursday, May 16, 2013

Sewing Plans: Some Fabric Updates

Details matter, it's worth waiting to get it right.  
~ Steve Jobs

While I haven't made it into the sewing room for a while, I have made some small steps of progress on two of my current projects.  

First, one of the little girl dresses - I had been planning to use a bright pink fabric for the border (see here), but on further viewing, it wasn't a good match.  



So I went back to the fabric store and found the PERFECT border - red with white polka dots, just like Minnie's bow, dress and shoes!  ;)

Next, you may remember that recently I tried to lure Ana back into sewing by buying her a beautiful butterfly print, but she turned the tables on me and talked me into agreeing to make a skirt for her (see here).  And then she asked for a contrasting yoke on the skirt...  


Another fabric shopping trip (oh darn!) and I found this burnt yellow fabric.  What do you think?  Won't it make a nice combination?  :)

Fingers crossed that we all get some sewing time in soon!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment