Monday, May 20, 2013

Our Summer Has Started: It's Official!

"But if you have so much fun, then why don't you get together more than once a month?"
She looked at me like a wise old owl and winked.  
"Do something too often and it stops being special."  
~ Beth Hoffman (Saving CeeCee Honeycutt)

Plus, I'm half afraid that doing this more than once a month would kill me!  ;)

Yup, over the weekend we had the first of our monthly summer pool parties...  There were 9 children, ages 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11 and 13.  How's that for a spread?  

My husband and I did have the assistance of 3 additional adults (2 moms & 1 uncle) - thanks goodness!  

It was your standard welcome-in-the-summer-while-celebrating-two-birthdays pool party.  I made homemade pizzas and cupcakes; my husband grilled burgers and hot dogs.  

I was busy enough that I didn't get any pictures of the kids in the pool - but one family brought a pinata - in the shape of a guitar in honor of my husband (one of the birthdays was his).  And I managed to get a couple of quick snaps:  


Here the 3-year-old and 5-year-old model the pinata.  


My husband got first shot at the pinata - we trusted him to keep his eyes closed!  ;)


The other birthday celebrant (13 years old) was up second.  


And his 11-year old sister went third.  

At that point, yet another urgent something popped up that demanded my immediate attention - I think I had to go inside to get plastic bags for all of the kids to hold their "loot" - and the camera was forgotten.  Sorry... :(

But don't worry - there are probably 4 more of these in my future this year - so there will be plenty of opportunities to see a pool full of kids enjoying a special day.  :)

It did wear me out - it was all I could do on Sunday to squeeze in my regular weekend chores between some serious naps...  I'm looking forward to the holiday weekend coming up - maybe I'll finally be able to get myself into the sewing room.  

No comments:

Post a Comment