Friday, February 22, 2013

Small Business Small Update

To open a shop is easy,
to keep it open is an art.
~ Chinese Proverb

There have been some really exciting updates regarding The Original "How Much Fabric?" Reference Cards lately!  :)

First, Londa of Londa's Creative Threads 




will have them for sale in her booth in Puyallup at the Sewing & Stitchery Expo!  




Have you ever been to Puyallup?  I've been hearing about it for years and reallyy hope I can go some day!  

If you are lucky enough to make it there next weekend, stop in to see her, check out her talking sewing patterns (!), and say "Hi!" for me.  :)

Next, Tasia of Sewaholic posted a review of the cards on Wednesday and is hosting a give-away!  




It's exciting to see how much interest her post has generated!  :)

Have you sewn any of Tasia's patterns?  I've been eyeing her Cordova Jacket for a while and, now that I'm re-doing my wardrobe, I may just go for it.  The only thing that has held me back is that my initially pear shaped body has been taking on more of an apple-ish hue over the last few years...  ;)

One of the coolest things about all this business stuff is making connections with amazing, talented people who are successful in our field!  :)

I hope you all have a wonderful sewing weekend!  :)

6 comments:

  1. Exciting news!

    I have used a couple of Tasia's patterns-- I made the Lonsdale dress over the summer, and had made a Pendrell blouse awhile back (though I need to revisit that one and tweak the fit. I really screwed up the FBA. And the top of my wedding dress is based off the Cambie dress! I have a few other patterns from her that I haven't had a chance to make yet, and am particularly dying to try the Thurlow trousers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Becky - that all sounds promising! I should just bite the bullet and try the jacket pattern. :)
      Thanks! :)
      --Gwen

      Delete
  2. More product exposure is good!

    I am also an apple-crossed pear shape - blech

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Mary!
      Yup, that sums it up perfectly - "blech"
      Hey, I saw you on THE MAP! ;)
      Are you coming down to Lakeland for the Original Sewing and Quilt Expo next month?

      Delete
  3. I'll be at the Expo and will.definitely find Londa and acquire your cards, and very excitedly I might add. Thank you for making them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great, Anne! Have a BLAST at the Expo and I hope you find lots of gorgeous fabric (and the cards help you buy just the right amount of each!) !!! :)
      All the best,
      Gwen

      Delete