Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Be Careful What You Wish For...

Time is the most valuable thing that a man can spend.



For years I’ve been saying that the most precious and scarce resource in my life is time, not money.  And now it looks like I’m going to have the “opportunity” to put this claim to a test…  ;)

If you aren’t a federal employee or a serious news junkie, you probably haven’t been paying too much attention to the details behind the current budget battles between the President and Congress, but I am one of the almost 2 million federal employees who is in very real danger of being “furloughed” – which in this case, means I’ll have my work week reduced to 4, 8-hour days and my paycheck reduced commensurately – by 20%! 

That’s more time for sewing… 

…but a lot less money for buying fabric and patterns.   

To be perfectly honest, this isn't EXACTLY what I had in mind when I complained about not having enough time in my life...  I was envisioning something more along the lines of only having to work 4 days a week, and getting the SAME paycheck...  ;)


But, apparently this option isn't on the table.  Go figure...  


Seriously, my husband and I will be fine – there is enough room in our belts to survive a bit of tightening.  But it’s not going to be so easy for many people and I would imagine that the impacts will be both far-reaching and long-lasting…  :(

For me, it will be a case of “put up or shut up” and let’s see how happy I really am if life gives me more discretionary time and less discretionary money.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment