Monday, February 25, 2013

Lunch Break Sewing

I haven't trusted polls since I read that 62% of women had affairs during their lunch hour.  I've never met a woman in my life who would give up lunch for sex.  
~ Erma Bombeck

Sewing?  That's a different story!  ;)

Last Friday I did just that - spent my lunch break sewing for a friend who was planning to run in the Disney 5K with a friend of hers on Saturday.  They wanted to go dressed in Snow White costumes and had found this tutorial on the blog "This Mama Makes Stuff."  


I actually forgot to take in my machine or any of my gear to work that morning - but my friend brought in her mother's machine and we cannibalized office supplies to jury rig things like straight pins.  ;)

It was frustrating to not have my own machine or even the most basic tools, but I was able to get the ribbon sleeves attached to the RTW tops.  (They had already made their own tulle skirts.)  


The best news of all - they finished the race!  Pushing kids in strollers, no less!  Now, that's dedication!      

No comments:

Post a Comment