Friday, February 15, 2013

A Snail's Pace...

Be not afraid of going slowly, be afraid only of standing still.  
~ Chinese Proverb

I didn't get much sewing time in last weekend, but I'm still working on adding to my new wardrobe!  I decided to make a top with a pattern that I've made before.

It's a casual top - unfitted, gathered neckline and short sleeves with ties (the view in the large photo).


As you can see, I have a new helper, who took to this whole sewing business right away...  (Sigh...)



I purchased the fabric without a pattern in hand and didn't have a strong vision of what kind of top I would make - so I got enough to make 75% of the top patterns in my size.  As it turns out, I don't need nearly so much for this particular top, so I have extra.  I arranged the pattern pieces to conserve fabric - I can probably get something cute for a little girl or two out of the remainder...  ;)

The last time I made this top (the only time) I had a bit of a problem with the neckline - you add some gathers and then apply a bias strip made of the same fabric to hold the gathers in place - and it just didn't come out nicely.  Hopefully I can do a better job this time.

Also, I wasn't crazy about using bias strips made out of the fabric for the sleeve drawstrings, so I think I'll do something different this time - not exactly sure what...

Last weekend I got this cut out - but nothing more.  Hopefully THIS weekend I can finish it off!  (And maybe squeeze in some time on a secret, surprise project which is unlikely to be much of either a secret or a surprise!)

I hope you get in lots of sewing this weekend!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment