Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Some Favorite Mexico Pictures: Part 2

We are always the same age inside.  
~ Gertrude Stein

While in Mexico last week, there were moments when I found myself marveling that I was there because of a seemingly small and simple decision that I made about 7 years ago - the decision to try to teach two young Mexican women, Ana and Juana, how to sew.  

On this blog, I mostly talk about Ana - because, through the years, she and I grew very close - and I have been down to visit her in Mexico several times.  

On this trip, for the first time, I got to see Juana too!  

Before I show you those pictures, here are some shots from 2008, when we first met:  


Above is Juana, with her boyfriend Abel, modeling the first shirt that she ever sewed for him.  

And below is their son, Alex, who was born while they were still in the United States.  


Now, from last week, here is Juana in her small house in Mexico:  



And here is Abel, with Alex, their now three-year-old son:  


I never notice how quickly time is passing, until I see how much a child has grown...  

No comments:

Post a Comment