Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Sewing? You Sew?

The secret to enjoying your job is 
to have a hobby that's even worse.
~ Bill Watterson

I am pretty "tied up" with my Christmas weaving (did you see what I did there?), but there is a project waiting for me in the sewing room - a work-worthy skirt and top.  The skirt is a TNT (tried and true) - the view shown in the photograph.  The top is a new pattern - I'm planning to make the v-neck, short sleeve version.  


I particularly love the fabrics I picked out - this beautiful flower print cotton for the skirt and a dark grey knit for the top:  


I don't have much experience working with knits, but am hoping that I can get this pattern to work and that I end up with another TNT.  :)

I don't know when I'm going to get around to them - this whole work thing keeps getting in the way of my life...  I wish Mr. Watterson had explained his secret to me before I got interested in sewing...  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment