Thursday, November 14, 2013

A Good Thing

If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing.
~ Ayn Rand

I'm on a business trip this week to Pensacola, Florida and that's got me feeling a little sorry for myself, so I decided to temporarily take a "vacation" from my decision to only shop my stash for a while and went on a fabric buying spree at this place: A & E Pharmacy.  


Yup, it's that classic pharmacy-fabric store combination that we all know and love so well...  ;)

Seriously, they consider themselves something of a quilting fabric store, so they stock mostly cotton prints - but they stock A LOT of them and plenty of stuff that I never see in any of the chains back home.  As you probably know, I sew lots of cotton prints, so I was in heaven!  

Here are just a few of the goodies I found and my plans for them:  


This brown fabric with colorful names of national parks will make a perfect Hawaiian shirt for my husband!  :)


I'm thinking of trying something a little different here - I'd like to somehow use both of the cotton prints in a single skirt - maybe with vertical panels?  I can't quite visualize it, but I'm feeling like it's going to be something different.  And then the pink knit will become a top to go with the skirt.  :)

I'll show you the rest of my "loot" tomorrow - needless to say, after my shopping spree, I was no longer feeling sorry for myself!  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment