Friday, November 1, 2013

Happy Halloween!


Green Lantern: "What are your powers anyway? You can't fly."
Batman: "No."
Green Lantern: "Super-strength?"
Batman: "No."
Green Lantern: "Hold on a second... 
You're not just some guy in a bat costume, are you? 
Are you freaking kidding me?!”

~ Geoff Johns

Believe it or not, this was their first time trick-or-treating.  

They made their own costumes.  (I took them shopping for the supplies.)  

Carolyn was a box of "Jelly Bellies" jelly beans:  


She even had windows where you could look in and see the jelly beans!  


Now this one is harder for me to get my mind around.  

I tried to entice Brandon with the idea of being an astronaut.  But he stuck to his guns - apparently he has always wanted his Halloween costume to be:  

A crossing guard!  


Yes, a crossing guard!  I know, I know - that is so overdone - always beating out ninja, zombie, witch and fairy princess for the most popular Halloween costume of the year.  I hated to see him become such a Halloween cliche...  ;)


But they had a blast and scored TONS of candy.  :)

And isn't that, after all, the true meaning of Halloween?   ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment