Monday, December 1, 2014

It's Official: The Holiday Season Begins!

Thanksgiving dinners take 18 hours to prepare.  
They are consumed in 12 minutes.
Half-time takes 12 minutes.
This is not coincidence.  
~ Erma Bombeck

I'm sorry I didn't post much last week.  It was a very busy week - with our Holiday Party in my ESL class...




...and Thanksgiving dinner at our house!  

I managed to keep the kids out of my hair for a good solid hour by having them decorate a gingerbread house and a gingerbread train:  






Then, of course, was the 12 minutes we devoted to eating turkey, homemade bread, cranberry fruit & nut salad, sausage, apple & walnut stuffing, mashed potatoes, whipped sweet potatoes, a green bean & walnut salad and the pies (1 pumpkin & 1 pecan).  


Aaaaahhhh....  My favorite meal of the year!  

I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving with people you love and many, many things to be thankful for!  And I hope you are looking forward to the next month of holiday craziness!  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment