Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Wherein I Gain a New Appreciation for the Length of 47 Inches...

I don't want to get to the end of my life
and find that I have just lived the length of it.  
I want to have lived the width of it as well.  
~ Diane Ackerman

There are 36 inches in a yard of fabric.  (Okay, there are actually 36 inches in a yard of anything, but work with me here...)  

A yard and a half of fabric is 54 inches long.

I order 2 and 3 yard cuts of fabric all the time.  

I never think twice about it.

It doesn't seem like much at all.  

So, setting a goal of weaving four panels, each 47 inches long, didn't seem like much of a challenge at all.  

Heck, 47 inches isn't even a full 1.5 yards!  

And then I started weaving...

... and weaving ...

... and weaving ...

And it turns out that 47 inches, when you are weaving, is very, very, long.  

In fact, it is about THIS long:  



Yes, that is right - I have finally finished the first of the four bands that I plan to weave!  

Can I get a "Hallelujah!" ?   ;)


Just three more to go!   ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment