Monday, November 24, 2014

The Advent of Sewing

This is where it all begins.
Everything starts here, today.
~ David Nicholls

Last weekend, I prepared the body of the Advent Calendar.  This weekend, I ironed and my friend Mariana sewed, and together we finished it!  :)

Mariana is just 10 years old, but already she is showing both interest and skill in sewing.  


I figured she could probably do the outer edges of the pockets (and she did - easily!) - but I was a bit worried about the inner seams that were needed to split the larger piece of fabric into separate pockets...  


I pinned them back for her, and...  


... she did an amazing job!  


I was so impressed with how patient and careful she was!  :)


I think she's happy with her Advent Calendar!  

And I know that I am very happy with the thought that this may be the beginning of her love of sewing!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment