Wednesday, November 12, 2014

My Rainbow

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.
~ Maya Angelou

Well, I finally finished my little black band...




... and was able to start on my rainbow fabric!  

Remember that I am trying to get alternating purple and yellow bands and so I have to reorganize the large section on the right...


...such that all of the purple yarn goes over the back cross stick and all of the yellow yarn goes over the front cross stick - like this:  


And here is one half of this warp rearranged appropriately:  


Then I measured and prepared the second half of the warp and had to combine the two halves on my backstrap loom:  


Here it is all combined:  


Now all I have to do is add the string heddles, and I can begin weaving!  

Weaving my rainbow...  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment