Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Columbus Day Haul

May all your troubles last as long as your New Years' Resolutions. 
~ Joey Adams

Joann's had a Columbus Day Sale, including 5 Simplicity patterns for $5!  Jackpot!  ;)

I've enjoyed the Palmer/Pletsch Fashion that Fits line that McCall's puts out, so I thought I'd try Simplicity's counterpart - the Amazing Fit line.  

I picked up this skirt pattern:  




And 2 dress patterns - a mock wrap dress:  



and a princess seamed, v-neck dress:  


I actually didn't see anything else in the Simplicity pattern book that I wanted for myself - so I picked up two patterns for the children of my friends / co-workers.  

A twirly skirt pattern for the 3 little girls:  


and a child's backpack pattern that should work for the little girls AND the little boys:  




So much for my "resolution" to not buy any more patterns, and to start "shopping my stash" of patterns...   :(

But how can you turn away from a $16.95 pattern when it is on sale for $1?    ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment