Wednesday, October 16, 2013

A Peek Inside: The Essential A-Line

Elizabeth lifted her skirt, disregarding modesty, 
and delivered a swift kick to the creature's head.  
~ Seth Grahame-Smith

Sadly, I must report that I didn't limit my shopping on Columbus Day to the pattern sale - I also picked up two books...  The first is called The Essential A-Line: Make 17 Flirty Skirts from one Basic Pattern, by Jona Giammalva. 



I have one of these books for making A-Line dress variations for little girls, so I pretty much knew what to expect - some of the variations are pretty trivial and don't really deserve being called out separately.  


But I do find it creatively inspiring to see all the different colors, fabrics, lengths, ruffles, pockets, etc.  It helps break me out of a mental rut of treating a pattern too literally...  


And, I do like A-Line skirts - they work with my body...  (Unlike, say, the heinous mini-skirt or the dastardly pencil-skirt - in either of which I dare you to try to kick a creature in the head!)  


Oh - and I had a 50% off coupon!  ;)


So, here I've included pictures of the 17 variations for you to browse...  Enjoy!  :)















I did think that it was nice that she included a maternity version...  


Did anything in particular catch your fancy?  

For tomorrow's post, I'll give you "a peek inside" the other book I bought...  
Stay tuned!  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment