Friday, April 5, 2013

Advice, Delivered Weekly

When we ask [for] advice, we are usually looking for an accomplice.
~ Charles Varlet de la Grange

I have a new accomplice in seamstress skulduggery and tailoring thaumaturgy!  ;)

Have you guys seen this?  Colette Patterns has a (free) weekly sewing tip newsletter:  


I just signed up and received my first issue.  The topic is using different types of fabric for pressing.  

I have only just begun grabbing a random remnant to protect my fashion fabric when I press it, so this issue had lots of really good information that I didn't know - like when (and why) you might use silk organza versus light weight cotton versus terry cloth as your pressing cloth.  

I hope they are all this interesting and useful!

If it sounds worth checking out, you can sign up for free at Colette Patterns.  Scroll down and look on the left side bar.  

Do you know of any other sewing newsletters?  This is a first for me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment