Thursday, March 28, 2013

Next Up...

Mix and match are the main key to become fashionable.  
~ Lanitya street styler

I guess I'm alternating between sewing tops and skirts for my new wardrobe.  My last project was a skirt, and so now it's time for a top.  I'm thinking about combining this fabric with this pattern (short sleeved version).  



I'm not 100% convinced that it's a good match.  The pattern seems so curved - princess seams, puffy sleeves and rounded collar - and the print seems so square.  

One reason to go with this pattern is that I definitely want to use it for my one and only Liberty of London fabric - and this will give me a chance to work out any potential kinks first - before cutting into that oh-so-expensive fabric...  

Of course, I could always just bite the bullet and make a real muslin - with super cheap fabric that I don't expect to wear - instead of using fabric that I really like and want to wear.  ;)

The other pattern I'm considering is this Amy Butler pattern - but for a camisole, not a tunic.  



What do you think?  Which pattern would make the most fashionable "mix and match"?  Or should I look for a different pattern altogether?  

2 comments:

  1. I would wait until the fabric speaks to me. Sleep on it, walk by the fabric and eventually it will tell you what it wants to be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, I'll give it a try and see if I can hear its voice! :)

      Delete