Monday, December 31, 2012

Who, Me?

I don't deserve this award, but I have arthritis and I don't deserve that either.
~ Jack Benny

Recently I was nominated by Gwen of All My Seams for the One Lovely Blog award and the Very Inspiring Blogger award.  



Thank you, Gwen!  I am really touched, especially because this blog is pretty new and I'm not always sure where I'm going with it...  ;)

The rules for this award are:

1.  Thank the person who nominated you. 
2.  Add The One Lovely Blog Award/Very Inspiring Blogger Award to your post.
3.  Share 7 things about yourself.
4.  Pass the award on to 10 nominees.
5.  Include this set of rules.
6.  Inform your nominees by posting a comment on their blogs.

So here are seven things about myself:  


1.  I love patterns and structure - whether they are expressed in fabric or in numbers - through sewing & weaving or through math & statistics...  


2.  I love teaching - both the part where you have to figure out how to explain and illustrate things and the part where you get to connect with your students on a personal level and share in their accomplishments.  

3.  I am married to a man who calls our kitten (Popeye, not Oliver), "Mr. Squeakers Magoo."

4.  My idea of heaven is eating dark chocolate while having my feet rubbed...  Oh, and I'm in a flowing pink dress!  ;)

5.  I struggle with chronic & clinical depression.  

6.  I feel the emotions of other people very strongly - nothing gives me more joy than doing something that brings a smile or a laugh to someone else's face...  :)

7.  In spite of all my sewing, I seriously need help putting together an organized, coherent and classic wardrobe for myself!  ;)
And my 10 nominees - if you aren't already following them, check out these lovely and inspiring blogs:
  1. Becky at Sew and So
  2. Beverly at Sew Much More
  3. Claire S at 1 Seam at a Time
  4. Elaina at Sew Ducky
  5. Faye at Faye's Sewing Adventures
  6. Ginny at Darling Adventures
  7. Kate at See Kate Sew
  8. Lynne at Sewing Cafe
  9. Marie at Quirky Threads
  10. Tee at Dressed to a "Tee"  
(My apologies if any of you have already received these awards - I tried to check before making my selections...)  

Thanks again, Gwen!  I hope my blog can live up to these awards.  :)

10 comments:

  1. Of course, you would love to teach. It comes across in your posts. These awards are an opportunity to know something of the blogger, and also to discover new blogs. As I visited the sites you posted, I came across a video of you, talking about your reference cards. It was wonderful, seeing you, hearing your voice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gwen. :)
      It's funny - I'm comfortable talking in front of a group live, but I definitely prefer being behind a camera to being in front of one... ;)
      Anyways, we shall see what 2013 brings - hopefully good things and lots of time to sew for all of us! :)
      Happy New Year!

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much Gwen - it's lovely to be considered a part of such great company. Hard to think of myself as inspiring, especially after a pretty icky 2012 but the goal this year is to accomplish more. Hopefully, that works out LOL ! Happy New Year :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure! I know what you mean - 2012 wasn't a great year for me either and I'm really hoping that 2013 is better for all of us! :)
      Happy New Year!

      Delete
  3. Thank you for the award--it definitely brings a smile to my face to be considered inspiring! Happy new year, and I hope this is a great one for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely inspire me - especially your wedding dress! :)

      Delete
  4. Thank you for the award! I got back to blogging, and then promptly took a break.

    I'm sorry you have depression. It sucks. But as I explained to the 14 month old, mommy and daddy both take their happy pills in the morning. Doesn't stop it, but it helps.

    I hope things look up for you in 2013. I'll get this posted on my blog soon (when I can sneak in the time, lol. Kids are murder on the one commodity I really need!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Elaina. I take medicine too - you're exactly right - it doesn't stop it, but it helps.
      It's difficult enough for me to find time to sew and blog - I can't even imagine what it's like for you with two kids! But I bet Christmas was fun with the toddler! :)
      Here's hoping 2013 is a good year for all of us! :)

      Delete
  5. Thank you from the bottom of my heart Gwen. You may have noticed that I have not been posting much of late and this award just may be the kick in the pants that I need to set some time aside for it again.

    One often wonders if the information is helpful, appreciated or needed. With so many obligations in our life blogging can be a time consuming way to try to connect with like minded folks.

    It has been a pleasure to meet you and its always a pleasure to spend time in your sewing space and classroom:)

    Sincerely,

    Lynne Williams
    sewing cafe with lynne
    Williams Studio 2

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lynne,
      It's so nice to be in touch again with you and my other internet-sewing friends after my time away last year. :)
      I know what you mean about wondering about blogging - I often ask myself if it really means anything to anyone else when I blog... But then I remember all the wonderful people that I have met and that means the world to me!
      I know that I enjoy your blog and your friendship - I would love it some day if I could visit your sewing cafe for real! :)
      I hope 2013 is a wonderful year for all of us!
      All the best,
      Gwen

      Delete