Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Miscellaneous Day-After Bits...

One of the most glorious messes in the world is the mess created in the living room on Christmas day.  Don't clean it up too quickly.
~ Andy Rooney

Well, we're back home from our Christmas trip visiting family - apparently just in time.  It sounds like there's going to be bad weather interfering with travel today...  :(

I've got a couple more days off work - time to start my Christmas sewing!  ;)

Sadly, I'm serious - I'll be madly stitching my way through nine, One-Yard-Wonders for the next few days - hopefully I'll have lots of pictures for you as early as tomorrow!  

In the meantime, here are a few miscellaneous pictures and thoughts for your consideration:

Can you believe that I am lucky enough - at the ripe old age of mumblety-mumble - to still have my Grandmother in my life?  Here she is on Christmas Day, 2012:  


One of my un-achieved goals of 2012 was to get back on my floor loom.  While browsing on Etsy (thanks to my sister for a gift card!) I found a shop selling recycled t-shirt yarn.  Doesn't this have rag rug written all over it?  :)



In addition to sewing, I have a run to the post office scheduled for today - I've got some Holiday Give-Away packages to get in the mail!  ;)



Remember, there's one more give-away left - a set of EIGHT Hot Patterns patterns!  Leave a comment to enter before midnight on Thursday and check back on Friday to see if you won.  Good luck to everyone!  :)

To everyone who is traveling today - be safe!  

2 comments:

  1. You are very blessed to have your grandmother. I loved mine so, and still miss her, after 25 years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I'm blessed - I dread the day I lose her... We talk every night and I'm not sure how I'll fall asleep at night without having heard her voice tell me that she loves me... :(

      Delete