Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Introducing My Home Stash

Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, 
or believe to be beautiful.    
~ William Morris



Organizing my fabric stash last weekend felt a bit like Christmas - it was so much fun uncovering fabrics that I had forgotten about and remembering where and why I had purchased them.  Here are some of my favorite discoveries:  

First, apparently my husband has FOUR Hawaiian shirts coming sometime in the future...  


Check out these two beautiful cotton prints.  On the left is some fabric that I purchased on a work trip to Pensacola, Florida.  I had in mind a cute, button-up, fitted blouse.  On the right, is an old Christmas gift from Ana - she also picked out a skirt pattern for this fabric.  It's going to be a beautiful skirt -she really knows me and my style!  


These 2 are for a Colette crepe dress.  The fabric on the right is the main fabric - the fabric on the left will be the contrast (sash).  


I purchased this fabric on a summer vacation in Iceland!  I was imagining it in an Asian-style dress...  


Finally, these pieces were purchased over time for various reasons and from various places - the one in the middle is my first (and, so far, only) piece of Liberty of London fabric - thanks to a birthday gift certificate from a friend.  The one to the left of that was purchased on a work trip in Edinburgh, Scotland.  The 4 on the left are slated to be tops and the 2 on the right are slated to be skirts.  


What I like about this picture is how well the fabrics go together color-wise.  You can see that I really am consistently drawn to a certain palette.  

Clearly, I've got enough fabric to fuel a year of sewing!  Say, for example, 2013...?  ;)

----------------------------------


P.S. - Don't forget to sign up for the second of my four weekly holiday give-aways here.  The theme is "Fabric Shopper" and the package contains a gift certificate to buy fabric, a set of The Original "How Much Fabric?" Reference Cards, a special fabric buying t-shirt and a starter set of fabric organizers for your home stash!  



Check back Friday to see if you've won, and to sign up for the third give-away!  All give-aways are open internationally.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment