Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Milestone!

Care about your customers more than about yourself, and you'll do well.  
~ Derek Sivers





Over the weekend, after 1,176 days in business, we sold our 1,000th set of The Original "How Much Fabric?" Reference Cards.  :)

What I hope most is that each one of those card sets is a trusted and valued companion during many delightful fabric shopping expeditions - helping people buy the right amount of fabric over and over again!  :)

Reaching one thousand sets sold is a milestone that I have been anticipating all year.  (If I was better at marketing, it probably would have happened quite a bit sooner - but I'm still trying to figure this marketing stuff out.)  

Well, there's time tomorrow to try to get better at marketing - right now, I just want to take a moment and enjoy this milestone.  :)

Any suggestions for how we should celebrate?  

------------------------------

P.S. - Don't forget to sign up for the first of my four weekly holiday give-aways here.  The theme is "pins and needles" and the package contains glass headed pins, sewing machine needles, hand needles, a needle threader, a hand made pin cushion and a vintage thimble!  



Check back Friday to see if you've won, and to sign up for the second give-away!  All give-aways are open internationally.  :)

4 comments:

  1. Hooray and congratulations! I carry my cards with me always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gwen - I'm so glad that you like your cards! :)

      Delete
  2. When did you start making these? I wonder if you were selling them at the ASG convention when it was in Clearwater, at least before 2007 ... ??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Mary - No, I didn't have them back then. I got the idea in June of 2009 and started selling the cards on September 12, 2009. :)
      We did have a booth at the Original Sewing and Quilt Expo in Tampa/St. Pete in 2010 - do you ever attend those? The following year it moved to Lakeland.
      --Gwen

      Delete