Wednesday, January 14, 2015

If We Had a Curse Jar...

Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower
than curse the darkness.  
~ Terry Pratchett

...we could retire on its contents about now!  ;)

It took me a couple of weeks, but I finally got my next warp ready to weave!  Here is the warp set up to do alternating rows of orange and blue (and no, I am not a Gators Fan).  


But I actually wanted something a bit different - so I had to rearrange the cross again:  


Now you can see I am going to get short bits of alternating orange and blue:  


Before I could test it, I had to put in my string heddles:  


Finally, a few "fat shots" to straighten things out and settle things down.  


I know it's still looking a bit messy, but the last one looked messy at this stage too, and in the end it came out okay.  So I have hopes for this one.  ;)

Plus, NO WAY I am going to pull this out and try for a fourth time!  ;)

The "real" weft will be a thin yarn and so it won't be such a checker-board effect.  

Next weekend will be a long one, so hopefully I can make some real progress on this!  And maybe even get into my sewing room!  Wouldn't that be a nice change of pace?  ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment