Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Postcards from the Back

"I don't suppose you have read Lord Chesterfield's 'Letters to His Son'?"
...Well, of course I hadn't.  Bertram Wooster does not read other people's letters.  If I were employed in the post office I wouldn't even read the postcards.  
~ P.G. Wodehouse

Over the weekend, I was able to squeeze in some time on my postcard blouse.  As you may remember - or maybe not - it has been so long I barely remembered myself! - I had completed the front of the blouse:  


This weekend I worked on the back.  First up were the two vertical darts:  


Then, interfacing the back-centered button band.  



As before, I started by stitching the interfacing to the edge of the fabric - with the non-sticky side of the interfacing against the right side of the fabric.  


Then this opens up and folds over, so that the sticky side of the interfacing is against the wrong side of the fabric (and you have a nicely finished edge):  



Press and then fold over the interfaced band and press again.  

Finally, I attached the two back pieces to the front along the shoulder and side seams.  Here is a close-up of the back, turned inside out, so that you can see the dart and the button band:  


Next up - the neck facing,  If I remember correctly, this involves some tricky inside corners - fingers crossed that I can get them sharp and flat.  

Oh, and toes crossed that I get to work on it before another month goes by!  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment