Wednesday, January 30, 2013

(Some) Progress Towards a Reveal...

There are two ways to be happy: 
improve your reality, or lower your expectations.  
~ Jodi Picoult

Okay, this is way harder than I expected...  :(

I've been browsing wardrobe web sites like Polyvore and The Vivienne Files and seeing all these beautiful images where people mix and match garments to make outfits and I thought, "That's what I'll do with my new wardrobe - and I'll use it to help plan my sewing!"  

I found a site, Closet Couture, where I could upload my own pictures of my clothes and have the backgrounds made transparent.  They even provided photography advice - use a solid background that contrasts with your garment and nice even lighting.  



So, last weekend I dragged all my stuff out back - laid out a bed sheet - brought a high top chair that I could climb up on (to shoot down on my clothes) and got ready for a photo session.  


I laid out each garment on the sheet and then shot down on it.  


Then I uploaded all my pictures to my account and started trying to make those beautiful wardrobe composite images...  




Ugh...  :(

Time to either improve my reality or lower my expectations...  

I'm going to start by trying option A.  So, I guess this calls for a new photo shoot.  Here's what I'm going to change:

  1. Hang my clothes, instead of laying them flat.
  2. Iron them first!
  3. Get my husband's help with the lighting (he's better at this than I am)

Oh, just ignore the sound of groaning from the other room!  ;)

2 comments:

  1. It's really tough to get a good shot of something flat!If you can edit out the hangers everything does look better says she who has no idea how to use photoshop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Debbie, for the encouragement! :)
      I don't know anything about Photoshop either...
      Yikes! Nothing is ever easy, is it? ;)

      Delete