Friday, September 19, 2014

Warp Speed... NOT!

Trees that are slow to grow bear the best fruit.  

I have been working ever...

...so...

...sloooo...

...oooooo....

...ooooowly...

on preparing the warp for the front of my loom bag.  

A weaving friend (yay!  I have a weaving friend!) suggested that I add some extra crosses to the end of my warp, to help reduce the presence of ridges in my final cloth.  

So, I added extra crosses:  


And I'm working in small batches:    


It took a while, but I finally got  it all warped and on the loom.  :)


See the two thin black rows in the middle of the warp?  

Right now, they appear odd - out of proportion to the rest of the fabric.  :(


Well, they mark the boundaries for where I am going to put my supplementary weft pattern.  

The (bright yellow) pattern should pretty much fill the space in between them.  

So, I hope that, once I start weaving and adding the pattern, it will all come together and they won't look so odd...  

We'll see...  

No comments:

Post a Comment