Monday, August 18, 2014

Where Has the Time Gone?

I would have given anything to keep her little.  
They outgrow us so much faster than we outgrow them.
~ Jodi Picoult

My two nephews used to come visit us each year in March, during their Spring Breaks from middle school and high school.

Here they are in 2008 at a water park - I think it might have been Aquatica:


In 2009, I splurged and took them to Discovery Cove, where they got to swim with dolphins!  


See the younger one, on your left?  Here's a close-up of him feeding a bird in the aviary:



And here he is again  - yesterday - a week after he moved down to Florida to attend a university:


We went back to Discovery Cove and he still likes swimming with the dolphins...





...feeding the birds...


And goofing off in a wet suit jacket that was NOT made to fit him...  ;)


When did that little boy turn into a young man?  Where has the time gone?  

2 comments:

  1. Your nephew sure has grown up, Gwen. He must love Florida! Which University did he choose down here? Our state university system has really grown! How far are you from Tampa? We have a group of sewing bloggers and some who don't blog (yet!) that gets together every so often if you are close and interested in joining us. Let me know if you'd like to join us, and I'll let you know when the next meet up is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Andrea! He is going to UCF. We live in Lakeland - maybe 45 minutes (traffic permitting) from the USF /Temple Terrace area. I'd love to join you all if/when I can - please do let me know when your next get together is planned. Thanks so much! All the best, Gwen

      Delete