Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Wild Things

All good things are wild and free.  
~ Henry David Thoreau

Since we've been home from Peru, I haven't gotten much done in the way of sewing or weaving, but I did, at least, cut out some projects.  

I'm zipping back to Mexico for a short, 2-day trip in July, to attend graduation ceremonies of 4 of Ana's nephews.  So I thought I'd make them each shirts.  

First up, these two cousins, Jiovani and Gibe:  




They are "graduating" from kindergarten and moving up to "la primeria" - roughly, our elementary school.  

At Joann's I discovered these fabrics in the theme of Maurice Sendak's classic child's book, "Where the Wild Things Are" - I thought it was perfect for their shirts!  


And, just in case they aren't familiar with the story, I got them each a copy of the book, in Spanish.


The perfect bed time story for young children... and Oliver.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment