Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Plugging Away on The Shirts...

Don't despise the little steps you know you can take everyday.
There are tiny miracles in each and every one of them.
~ Israelmore Ayivor

Sunday was our June pool party, so I didn't have high expectations for the weekend, but I did get some sewing on the Hawaiian shirts done.  :)

Every time I do a facing on a shirt, I remember another Gwen - the redhead, GwenSews - who gave me this tip:  

Before ironing on the interfacing, I stitch it to the fabric - with the non-stick side of the interfacing against the right side of the fabric.  


Then I open it out...  


... and fold it over so that the sticky side is against the wrong side of the fabric and I can press it with my iron.  


This gives me a beautifully finished edge.  


I've probably posted this approach a dozen times, and I apologize if you're tired of seeing it.  But it brings back memories of that very special woman from our sewing blog community.  I'm miss her...  

Anyways, I was able to get the front facings done on both small shirts and the collar put on one of them.  


I've got four shirts to do before July 10th - hopefully I can get these two done this week, if I do a little bit each night after work.  Fingers crossed!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment