Wednesday, July 24, 2013

2nd, 21st birthday plus 8

Last week the candle factory burned down. 
Everyone just stood around and sang, 'Happy Birthday.
~ Steven Wright

Our monthly summer pool parties have taken a birthday-themed turn.  It seems that SOMEONE on our list of regular invitees has a birthday each month in the summer, and now our parties are being used to celebrate those birthdays.  


It's not actually a big impact on me.  I pretty much do the exact same things that I would if it wasn't a birthday celebration, except that I let the honoree pick the theme of the napkins, plates, cups and tablecloth.  Brandon (13 in May) picked Iron Man.  Jose (7 in June) picked Yu-Gi-Oh.  


I picked the theme for our most recent pool party and Margarita's (50 in July) birthday celebration.  It was "Happy 21st Birthday!"  She got a kick out of it.  ;)


Next up, Daniella (6 in August) wants - brace yourself! - JUSTIN BIEBER!!!  Are you  kidding me?  What happened to Hello Kitty, My Little Pony or Dora the Explorer?  


We seem to have picked up an additional family of five (mother and four daughters) to our list of regular attendees.  That puts our regular attendance up to 20 (including me and Scott).  


The kids will swim for hours - blue lips, teeth chattering, vehemently insisting that they aren't cold and don't want to come out yet...  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment