Friday, October 17, 2014

The Best Friend a Woman Can Have...

There is nothing better than a friend, 
unless it is a friend with chocolate.
~ Linda Grayson

It seems I am being quarrelsome this week, but again, I am going to have to respectfully disagree - today, with Ms. Grayson.  While a friend with chocolate is indeed quite a good thing to have, an even better friend to have is a friend who will prepare a weaving warp for you!

Yes, my weaving friend knew about all the problems I had with my loom bag and she took pity on me and she prepared a warp for my next project!  

Take a look at how beautiful it is...  

She wove a few rows at the front of the warp - you can see where her weaving ends and mine picks up - she used a red weft (mine is grey) and her stitches are tighter than mine:  


Here are her string heddles - every one the exact same length:  


And look how nicely spaced and completely untangled her warp threads are on the back shed rod:  


Finally, the back beam - again, look how neat and tight her stitches are, and how evenly spaced the warp threads are:  


It is a dream to weave with this warp!  And I now have a much more concrete idea of what I'm shooting for when I prepare a warp.  

Oh man, I can't wait until I can prepare warps this nicely!  

And I can't thank her enough for doing this for me!  It was an amazing gift!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment