Friday, October 3, 2014

Some Progress...

You don't love someone because they're perfect,
you love them in spite of the fact that they're not.
~ Jodi Picoult

So, after umpteen undo-redo cycles, I finally got something partially resembling the pattern I was trying to imitate.  Here is my weaving:  



And here is the pattern (rotated):  



It looks like two-thirds of my pattern came out okay, but I must have a heddle error that is preventing the last third from lining up nicely...  

If this had been my first try, I would take it out and redo it.  

But as it is my upmteenth and first try, I'm pretty much over it and willing to accept the (massive) imperfections.  

I'm just going to plunge forward and try to finish this panel for my loom bag - maybe the second pattern I picked out will go a little better...  

Fingers crossed!  

No comments:

Post a Comment