Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Friends and eFriends

If you have two friends in your lifetime, you're lucky.
If you have one good friend, you're more than lucky.
~ S. E. Hinton

My 10-year-old sewing friend originally wanted to jump directly from sewing a tote bag to sewing a quinceanera dress (think wedding dress for a 15 year old!) and I tried to steer her towards a simpler project, like an elastic-waist skirt...  ;)

She rejected the simple skirt idea, and went instead for slippers.  So, over the weekend, we made her these beautiful bedroom booties:  


Hopefully it's obvious that she picked the fabric!  ;)

She also did most of the sewing herself and maintained focus and attention for probably close to 3 hours!  Not bad for a 10-year-old, right?  

I did finish off the final bits - mainly inserting the soles.  


She loves them!  She didn't want to take them off...  

That is one young woman who knows her own mind - 
I can't wait to see what she wants to do next!  :)

-----------------------

On the weaving front, I sent a picture of my weaving to an e-friend and she figured out what I had done wrong with my guitar strap pattern.  Not only that, but she was able to "reach" from Bolivia, through the computer to Florida, and show me how to fix it.  ;)

I finished the guitar strap on Sunday night - just in time to take it to work on Monday and give it to my friend!  


I'm am so happy with how it came out!  :)


And he loved it!  :)

I hope everyone had a wonderful sewing weekend!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment