Monday, February 24, 2014

Apron Strings

Children pull on our apron strings for a while,
but on our heartstrings forever.  
~ Unknown

I have been recently reunited with a friend from high school - yes, it was thanks to technology and Facebook - and we discovered that we share a love of sewing...  

and the confusion over what to call a person who sews!  ;)

She was thinking of me during the rough weeks I had in January and early February, and dropped a gift in the mail.  It arrived last week - this beautiful, handmade apron:  


The pattern calls for standard, store-bought bias tape, but she says that she has a habit of making things more complicated than they need to be, and so she made her own bias binding with the fabric.  


Her stitching is amazing and the details are so special!  


I love the style!  Isn't it beautiful?  


Handmade is always special - I can feel the love that went into this apron...  :)  

I hope everyone had a great sewing weekend!  I actually got some weaving in - I'll show some pictures this week.  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment