Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Welcome to a New Chapter Volume

For what it’s worth: it’s never too late ... to be whoever you want to be. 
There’s no time limit, stop whenever you want. 
You can change or stay the same, there are no rules to this thing. 
We can make the best or the worst of it. 
I hope you make the best of it. 
And I hope you see things that startle you. 
I hope you feel things you never felt before. 
I hope you meet people with a different point of view. 
I hope you live a life you’re proud of. 
If you find that you’re not, I hope you have the courage to start all over again.
~ Eric Roth



It probably seems like I fell off the face of the earth or I've been in hiding - but, actually, I've been focusing on making some MAJOR changes in my life - in our lives.  

My husband and I - after 33 years of happily being DINKS (double income, no kids) - have committed to adopting a 14 (almost 15) year old girl from the Florida foster care system.

(For now, we are legally prohibited from disclosing much on social media - so I will call her "A".)   

At the end of September, I left my job / career as a research psychologist for the Navy, to focus on being a mom and building our new family.  

I am at home during the week - cleaning and nesting - with ample time to enjoy weaving and sewing!   (For now!)   

We met our future forever daughter a couple of weeks ago and will get to spend time with her again this coming weekend.  

The process will (as long as "A" is ready and in agreement) progress from supervised visits, to unsupervised visits in her home town, to visits in our home, to moving in with us, to adoption.  

The title of my blog has never felt more appropriate.   :)

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! It's a girl! You two are so amazing - if anyone can handle this it's you guys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Karren! We shall see... ;)
      No matter what, I think we can all agree that it's going to be quite an adventure!

      Delete